The new coronavirus is fastly spreading around the globe. Russian doctors are advising on what to do to avoid contracting the disease. What to do if you develop symptoms that may resemble those of the virus. Let’s discuss a few beneficial tips to avoid coronavirus
A new type of coronavirus?
This previously unknown virus believed to belong to the coronavirus family. It includes a large number of viruses capable of causing mild illnesses, such as a cold. It also contains more severe pathologies. For example: the Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS-CoV) and severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS-CoV). It has provisionally entitled “2019-nCov”, or “new coronavirus 2019”. The market where it appeared was closed and disinfected on January 1. But the source of infection has not been formally identified to date. Its treatment is still undiscovered. This infection occurs during the winter and in early spring.
Which countries are affected by the epidemic?
The scientific community is unanimous: the focus of the epidemic is in Wuhan. It is a city of more than 11 million inhabitants located in the heart of China. Rail and air transport, buses and subways suspended in many cities in Hubei to limit the spread of the virus. Municipalities order disinfection operations at stations, airports, and shopping centres.
What are the symptoms of “2019-nCov,” and how is the virus spread?
According to WHO (World Health Organization) observations, the symptoms are difficulty breathing. Besides, shortness of breath, high fever, and persistent cough. All these symptoms can worsen over time. This new virus can also cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, renal failure, and even death.
What precautionary measures to take?
Restrictions are widespread in Asian countries to limit the risk of international contagion.
- Temperature controls have become widespread at airports to detect and isolate infected passengers. Notably in Japan, the United States, Thailand, Hong Kong, Russia, but also in the United Kingdom, Italy, and Nigeria.
- In China, authorities have placed 13 cities under quarantine. Residents cannot leave the city “for no special reason”. All trains, planes, and coaches from cities suspended. The Chinese army was called in to reinforce the epidemic. They called nearly 450 military doctors.
- The city of Wuhan embarked on a race against the clock to build two hospitals in record time. They will be dedicated and recognized for the care of patients infected with this coronavirus.
- “If you have a fever and cough without a cold, you should quickly take antipyretics and anti-inflammatories that you have at home, such as ibruphen, Metamizole, aspirin, and other such drugs. It is imperative to fight against the fever, to slow down the development of the virus,” declared to the Russian media Zvezda (an immunologist specialized in particularly dangerous infections).
- There is no specific treatment or vaccine for COVID-19. However, Protease inhibitors are proving as beneficial for the treatment of coronavirus pneumonia.
- Moreover, keep your throat moist. Don’t hold your thirst. Because once your gullet membrane is dried, the virus will easily invade within 10 mins into your body. Elder or youngster should drink 50-80cc warm water. While for kids, 30-50cc is beneficial. Once you feel your oesophagus is dry, don’t wait. However, don’t drink plenty of water promptly as it does not help. Instead, continue to keep the throat moist. Till the end of March, avoid the visit of overly crowded places. Wear a mask if an emergency, especially in a train or public transportation.
- Don’t eat fried or spicy food, also avoid the food enrich with vitamin C.
Act like an influenza epidemic
As the Ministry of Health recalls, the 2019-nCoV coronavirus ” transmitted by postilions”. The World Health Organization, therefore, recommends applying the same precautionary measures as the flu. It is, therefore, necessary to wash your hands, cover your mouth and nose. In case of coughing and sneezing, cough in your elbow, or even use single-use tissues. Do not eat a raw meal, and don’t touch animals.
Wear a mask
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs calls on people returning from a trip to Asia to wear a surgical mask in case of symptoms of respiratory infection.
The incubation period for the coronavirus would be around seven days, between two and twelve days, “said Health Minister Agnès Buzyn Friday evening during a press briefing. If a patient has these symptoms, it should have to in contact with the hearth of the disease. Especially if you’re following a trip to China, for example.
The first cases of 2019-nCov coronavirus pneumonia confirmed in Wuhan on December 31. About 40 million people have been quarantined in the region, but the new virus is still spreading.
For more informative articles, click here.